Find Main Issues Report (2014) consultation events near you
Welcome to TAYplan
Change is constant and so is planning. People's lives don't stand still. Our cities, towns and countryside don’t stand still either. Shops close on the High Street, factories are replaced by distribution depots, houses are built on fields. Some of these changes happen overnight; others are so gradual that you might not notice.
Managing change means making difficult decisions. Scotland’s population is growing. We need more jobs and homes. Where should they go? What extra facilities will people need like shops, parks and roads? What do we do with derelict land that is no longer needed for industry now that more of us work in the service industry? How can we help our town centres adapt to the reality of supermarkets and online shopping? How should our towns and cities respond to climate change? How should we plan for our energy needs?
For most land there will be a statement in a plan showing what that land should be used for in the future. What the plan says will affect our futures – where we live, work and play, how businesses and the public sector invest, and what our towns and countryside will look like in the future.
TAYplan provides broad-brush direction for the next 20 years about where new development and infrastructure should take place and how. The current Strategic Development Plan was approved in June 2012 and the Plan is constantly reviewed. The 4 Local Authorities in the TAYplan area have their own Local Development Plan which shows the detail of what development should take place for the next ten years and they must reflect the TAYplan strategy.
TAYplan considers what the Main Issues are and how policy and proposals could change to best respond to these issues. The Main Issues Report is the Main Stage to engage and make your views.
- Perth community drop-in event Sat17th May will open early at 10am, Concert Hall so you can pop in before the Scottish Cup football final — 3 hours 8 min ago
- @TAYplan video Your Place/Your Future/Your Say-engaging for the future http://t.co/w7uag3wzyn #tayplanMIR @johnstonmediatv @planningaidscot — 3 hours 17 min ago
- RT @andyheer: @TAYplan Good meeting MIR meeting tonight. Important that people get involved in the future of their communities. — 15 hours 21 min ago
- RT @spaceunlimited: Less than 3 hours and £700 to go. Let's keep this thing going! Back young people's #NewUrbanVoices https://t.co/NevZTe… — 1 day 1 hour ago
- Your Place/Your Future/Your Say:come&discuss with planners-24 April Crieff 3.30-7pm Strathern Campus http://t.co/J0l9PyuglY @ComrieDevTrust — 1 day 1 hour ago